Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cheese on the cheap

The last place I wanted to be this past weekend was the local Dollar Store. Through the process of elimination (and some lame excuses) I was the chosen parent to shuttle my 12 year old and her friend there so they could pick up some party decorating supplies for a surprise party they were hosting for a friend. Once inside, they scurried through the aisles busily checking out what could be used in the decorating of their 'above-average' party. Meanwhile, I still needed to come up with something tasty to bring to a gathering the next day. Desperation is an excellent motivator and I found my party treat on the shelves of this store. What a thrill to find a brick of cheese for a dollar! As far as bricks of cheese go, it was fairly small but the price was right.  I'm sure it was mostly NOT pure cheese but it wasn't like I was going to eat it all myself; no, a slice or two per person at a party was a better way to spread the GMOs, preservatives, glue, and whatever else was in that package.
The girls paid for their items and I was right behind them buying my cheese. As I left the store, I pulled up my hood to disguise my face in case anyone I knew saw me leaving with my purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment