Wednesday, November 5, 2014

5 Things I Did This Week

Dishes
I washed the dishes by hand a lot in the past few days. Not because I wanted to but because I like the look of a clean counter more than a cluttered counter. The dishwasher hasn't been working the best lately and the amount of dishes hasn't been that great so it just made sense to do them by hand and be done with it.

Basic cleaning
I got a bit of general house cleaning done on Saturday afternoon. I KNOW it needs to be done but the 12 y/old set things in motion by having her friend, Grace, over later in the evening. That 12 y/old daughter of mine became quite the task master and I kind of resented cleaning for her. I guess I like to clean a bit more when it is 'my idea'. Don't we all.

Knitting
I did manage to get about an hour's worth of knitting done. It soothes me.I am working on what will hopefully be a prayer shawl. It is a manly gray instead of the usual yellow, pink, lavender and green ones. I am close to finishing it and had hoped to have it completed by the end of October. Mid-November is good too. I may even try to get some little gifts made next.

Reading
I took about 2 hours to finally finish the latest book by Jill Mansell. I love her books and usually devour them but this time I had a little trouble getting into the story and couldn't keep the characters straight. I don't think it is her fault, I have just been too busy to sit down and concentrate on a book for more that 10 minutes at a time lately.
I just checked out the new Mario Lopez autobiography from the library and should have that done in no time;I'm mainly looking at all the photos in it.

Tea for 25
I attended a planning meeting for the upcoming tea we are having at our church. This is something that I would normally be excited about but right now I am tired, not happy about it getting dark so early in the evening, feeling slightly stressed and needing a day or two with no one else around. I am becoming a curmudgeon like Andy Rooney and am starting to sprout the eyebrows to go along with the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment